Tofu Salad – High Protein & Easy To Make Recipeadmin
When we talk about protein-rich vegan dietary options, tofu comes on the top of the list as it’s a powerhouse of nutrients. It’s not only rich in protein and contains all nine essential amino acids, but it’s also rich in other important vitamins and minerals with very few calories. So here’s a tofu and chana recipe for you, which is packed with nutrients, good for weight loss, easy to make, and very delicious.
For the Salad Dressing:
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp pepper (crushed)
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt
For Chana Salad:
- 4 cup chana/chickpea (boiled)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 10 cherry tomato (halves)
- 1 capsicum (sliced)
- 4 chilli (chopped)
- handful salad leaves
- handful lettuce
- handful moong beans sprouts
For Roasting Tofu:
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 cup tofu
- 0.5 tsp pepper (crushed)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- Take ½ cup olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon juice, ½ tsp mixed herbs, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp garlic paste, and ½ tsp salt in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Salad dressing is ready. Keep it aside for now.
- Heat 2 tsp of olive oil in a pan and add 1 cup of tofu.
- Roast the tofu on low flame, until crisp.
- Add ¼ tsp of pepper and ¼ tsp of salt.
- Mix well until the tofu is coated well with the spices.
- The tofu is ready, keep it aside.
The Chana Salad:
- Take 2 cups of chana (well soaked and boiled) in a bowl.
- Add ½ onion, ½ cucumber, 5 cherry tomatoes, ½ capsicum, 2 chilis, and 1 tbsp of the previously prepared salad dressing.
- Mix it well.
- Now add the salad leaves, lettuce, and the moong bean sprouts.
- Mix everything well.
- Top with the previously prepared crisp tofu and the required amount of salad dressing.